Sunday, March 2, 2008

Keeping Things in Perspective...


This past week, I think that I can safely say I had one of my worst weeks in the practice of law. After a miserable day I spent literally obsessing over a negative situation involving a client, I went by the little grocery store here in Bristow to pick up some dinner ingredients and to visit with one of my favorite Bristow ladies who is the proprietor of the grocery store. She smiled at me with heartfelt enthusiasm, as she always does despite working Monday through Saturday often from dawn to dusk in her little retail store, and asked about my day in manner that implied she must have sensed my stress. I told her the truth- that my day had been downright lousy and I felt as if I was at the end of my rope. We somehow started visiting about my garden, and I told her that I had several new sprouts springing up under the grow light in the safety of my utility room. “Lauren, those sprouts are a blessing,” she said, “They are new life.”

As I drove home with my groceries, I could not help but think that I needed to get some perspective on things in a spiritual sense, to rejoice in the wealth of blessings God has bestowed upon me. Just like the little seeds sprouting up in my indoor garden, the Lord’s compassion and kindness is “new every morning.” (Lamentations 3:21-23) . Since that little epiphany, the client situation has been resolved, and the indoor garden is sprouting like crazy! Here are the latest updates:
Currently Sprouted
  • 6 of 6 Silver Queen Corn
  • 6 of 6 Yellow Summer Squash
  • 2 of 3 Celery
  • 3 of 3 Zucchini
  • 2 of 3 Okra
  • 2 of 3 Green Bean

Still Cookin'

  • Peppers (All varieties)

No comments: